Parkrx.org was created to promote lessons learned and promising practices within the growing movement of prescribing parks to improve human health. The following are resources that you can use to build your own Park Prescription program. If your agency is interested in having your resource featured, please contact us.
Tools & Toolkits
- Healthy Parks Healthy People: Bay Area Park Prescription Program Toolkit This interactive tool provides step-by-step guidance to agencies interested in starting their own programs in a variety of settings. (Institute at the Golden Gate)
- Health Care Provider Perspectives This tool offers a doctor's perspective on how Park Prescription programs can serve as health interventions.
- PLUM LANDING: Explore Outdoors Toolkit This toolkit offers tips and activities to get children ages six-to-nine active outdoors through a blend of physical activity and outdoor science learning. (PBS Kids)
- Prescribing Parks for Better Health: Success Stories This report highlights five communities and the methods they used to create and implement Park Prescription programs. (National Recreation and Park Association)
- Park Prescription Profiles and Resources for Good Health from the Great Outdoors This report profiles 12 programs created by medical, public health, and park agencies to increase physical activity and improve health. (Institute at the Golden Gate)
Creating and Strengthening Park Prescription Program Webinar Series
These webinars explore various elements for successful Park Prescription programs. Topics include partnership, needs assessments, implementation, evaluation, and marketing.